Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Yup. Still here.

So much to do, so little time to write.

To make a long story short: law school took so many twists and turns for me that I put the whole thing on ice until next Fall. My wife was looking at taking a VERY GOOD paying job in Madison, and here I was about to restart my law gig at a California school, or at least that was the plan a few months ago. Faced with doing a reverse-commute from the midwest to the southwest (like my situation at Cooley, only this time in reverse) was just too much. So, I decided to hit the brakes and know with substantial certainty where my family was going to ultimately plant roots.

As it turned out my wife took an OK paying job at, oddly enough, my previous employer in Arizona. Oh the irony.

In the meantime I'm finishing my MBA. Big whoop, although after a stint at Cooley getting an MBA seems almost fun.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:51:00 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

You got out while you could. Phil was saying today he was thinking of taking the LSAT. I told him to go for it. Then, he said...after seeing what your going through, I dont think I'll go to law school.

Bless his heart.

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger majqa said...

I am amazed at how MUCH my 1L has helped me in my MBA program. Also, the CMBA exam I have to take (after my thesis, oral defense of it, etc) looks so much like a bar exam. In fact, about 1/4 of the questions on the CMBA exam are law related questions.

The other plus to having a 1L background is the speed at which I can go through the mountain of material in my MBA program. In fact, the mountain seems tiny compared to law school - more like a medium size hill or bluff (bluffs are sort of like small hilly mountains).

I'm not about to give up on law school though. This was just a halfway, common-sense thing for me to do. I dropped out of my MBA to go to law school, and now I've merely dropped back in to finish it. At some point, I plan to pick up where I left off with respect to my JD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home