Thursday, August 18, 2005

My Law School Path - Revised Yet Again

I was wary about returning to law school this Fall given the fact that my home life is (or was) in such limbo, so I deferred my return until Spring 2006.

My wife’s job sucks, or maybe I should say her job sucked as she had two alternatives she lined up when she decided to resign – one job option being in Madison, Wisconsin and the other here in Arizona. Just as I swore I’d never return to the upper Midwest, lo and behold she latches on to a position that stood to pay upwards of six figures (her MBA is starting to pay off). The money was very tempting, but threw my law school plans into a tail spin. I had already experienced airport life and home-life-from-a-distance with my experience at Cooley with my residence being in Arizona. Now, I was facing the same thing all over again (Wisconsin commute to California) in reverse. I refuse to do the 2100 mile commute gig all over again and I am less than thrilled about ever returning to the Midwest (although Madison is perhaps the closest exception I would ever make as it is a fantastic community).

In the end, my wife settled for a higher paying job here in Arizona, but it pays a lot less compared to the job in Madison. We’re going to give it a month in her new job to make certain it’s going to work out and not be a repeat of her last wacky company. Considering the owner was Best Man (a great guy) at my wedding – odds are everything is going to work out fine.

I still haven’t made up my mind as to whether or not I will ever indicate on this blog details about my new law school (assuming we don’t end up moving again), although I suspect it won’t be difficult to figure out after a few dozen blog postings.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment on Phils blog was priceless! That was great. What part of AZ are you in? I was in Pheonix last September and I loved it! Although, I was told it was unseasonably cool at 100. To me, it was blissful without the Michigan humidity.

Good luck with where you choose to go. Will your credits transfer? I hope so.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:07:00 AM, Blogger majqa said...

I live in Prescott. When it's 100 in Phoenix it's about 85 up here. Our winters are pretty mild as well, mostly 50's and 60's, although we do have a few cold spells where temps drop into the 20's during winter. Overall - it's a very moderate climate.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moderate climate....Fantastic. I so dislike the extremes in Michigan. Hot, sticky and humid summers, with bitter cold winters. Yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home