Thursday, October 28, 2004

More Fun John Titor Time Travel Links

"The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004." - John Titor

I think the story of John Titor is very interesting. Do I believe it? Not especially. However, I enjoy an entirely fictional language called Klingon, it logically follows that I would find the fictional story of John Titor equally interesting. John Titor's mom compiled a book about him during his visit to our worldline. Some of his comments are worth noting from the book:

John, Page 20:

"As far as war goes, I have faith you are quite capable of starting one all by yourself. I am hard pressed to accept any criticism on my outlook on that subject. Growing up might have been a vastly different experience for me than it was for most of you. Personal responsibility, determination, honor, friendship and self-reliance are not just words we try to live up to or fantasize about. "

John, Page: 21

"Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that."

A reader comments from Amazon:

In terms of the content itself, I find it intriguing. ... [The] course that he said the U.S. would take is generally unfolding in a strikingly similar fashion to what he predicted. And this was BEFORE 9/11. Here are some rather interesting points to bring up in its favor.

- At the time John Titor was online, there was no book and no commercial efforts. That was back in 2000. Just because the printed version comes out in 2004 does not show this to be a money scam. To all the skeptics who repeatedly bring this up, please... Its hardly going to make anyone a millionaire, and certainly a bit late in being capitalized on even if it were true.

- Most of his predictions about the emerging police state, and the possible upcoming civil war were made long before 9/11. As preposterous as it might have sounded back in 2000, well look at where we are today with the Patriot Act, and all of its implications. Frankly, with our current Republican agenda both internally to our country and internationally, I'd be amazed if his predictions didn't come true. Time will tell soon enough since John said that by 2008 there would be no doubt to our country being in a civil war.

Pictures of John Titor's Time Machine and some better ones - HERE.

A few more Titor fun links HERE and some interesting MULTIMEDIA LINKS HERE.


I think this stuff is great fun. I am so sick of Torts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home