Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Supreme Court History

I came across this link by accident. It has some real gems about the history of the US Surpreme Court.

Each year, the Society presents a series of lectures by distinguished scholars focusing on a particular period of the Court's history. Series topics have included:
The Four Horsemen v. The New Deal (an examination of the history of the Court during the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt)

The Court during World War II

The Court during the Civil War

The Jewish Justices of the Supreme Court Revisted: from Brandeis to Fortas

The Chief Justiceship

The Court and Free Speech

Chief Justice John Marshall

The Court and the Art of the Written Word

The Court in Times of National Emergency

The Art of Oral Advocacy

Had I not been searching for Canned Bread link, I never would have found this site. I can also thank Evan for inspiring me to seek Canned Bread due to the fact that I felt compelled to comment on his site about his coolness.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Evan said...

Great site, just the thing a geek like me needs to pass time while at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home