Friday, November 19, 2004

What does law school make you do?

For starters – it makes you hate everything. If you are happy and filled with joy at this stage of law school, get away from me. You’re sick or I’m sick or we’re both sick. I do know for certain that one of us is sick and we don’t want to let a Finder of Fact make the final determination, because it means something went horribly wrong for one of us.

I have a headache that doesn’t stop. The Energizer Bunny is in my head beating that damn drum morning, noon and night. It’s just a constant throb and it makes me feel slightly nauseated not unlike being pregnant (an assumption on my part). I would probably feel less ticked if Cooley didn’t have a maximum of 2-missed classes and you’re out policy. Miss twice – bye. So I hold on to those aces until I really need them when I get (as always) the flu just before finals.

Why do law students claw and crawl our way through this mental hell? I honest to God do not know, but I’m sure there must be a good reason. I also know I am VERY lucky to be attending law school, but for some reason... I'm less enthusiastic than I probably should be.

What I do know, or remember, sort-of - is that it is important that I see this thing through. Like that bad movie with what’s his name, Ben Affleck, where he had his brain erased by that Bill Gates-like creepy guy, and only had a few clues in an envelope to piece his whole life back together. Kind of reminds me of law school. I know this is important, very important, and that’s it. The rest just doesn’t seem to fit, but I better hold on to these scraps of paper, the locker key and the bullet – because I might need these things one day… for something.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 20, 2004 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya...

 
At Saturday, November 20, 2004 11:11:00 AM, Blogger majqa said...

I scare myself all the time. It's fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home