Monday, March 28, 2005

FEC Antics and Mike Krempasky

I had to rub my eyes on this one, twice, and then I had to look down at my coffee this morning –sniff it – stir it – look at it again - and debate switching brands. So far, the coffee seems to be the “good stuff” from Vietnam (cheap, tastes lousy, but loaded with decent doses of caffeine).

What the hell am I talking about?

Mike Krempasky (of redstate.org fame) touched my blog. How on earth a big league hardcore right-wing blogger and operative ended up on the humble website of a disillusioned law student is beyond me. Plus, he’s not in my hit logs the way I would like him to be in my hit logs, which means he knows what he’s doing when he surfs the web.

Mike called me on my shit with respect to Bush Preparing to Crackdown on Free Speech posting (although I disagree with the premise that Republicans alone are standing up for free speech - some powerful Democrats seem to share a similar viewpoint), and he should know. He’s been following the antics of the FEC of recent months and frankly been doing a great job of it.

I’m not crazy about Mike’s politics, and I think he’s wrong in his analysis that the Democrats lack a strong libertarian contingent in their midst – but I have to save that for another time, I digress... One should give credit where credit is due. On this particular issue, Mike is something of a one man Groklaw when it comes to the FEC and I believe he has been doing every lover of free speech a big favor, regardless of politics, by following the FEC closely and "outing" them accordingly.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:47:00 PM, Blogger majqa said...

How's the saying go? "The enemy of my enemy is my..." No wait. That doesn't fit. How about, "The friend of my enemy is my enemy is..." No. That won't fly either. How about...

"I won't fight you on this one, because a day may come when end up on the same side." - Linus Torvalds

Close enough.

Megga Ditto's on the family situation Mike. My inlaws loath my politics, but we still manage to avoid making the local news. They do, however, love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home