Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lulu

A funny thing happened to me on the way to law school – I became a prolific writer. While my blog contains the dregs of my abilities complete with horrific grammar and juvenile blog-antics, my laptop and server are an entirely different story. It seems I may have ended up taking the scenic route into my next career, and as such if you ever see a book about Trading Currencies For Fun and Profit… you just might find my pock marked face on the inside cover and a brief rant about the disease known as law school.

For those of you interested in exploring the realm of self-publishing, Lulu is worth checking out.


What is Lulu? They have their own explanation, but from what I can tell they’ve taken some of the philosophy of the open source / free software movement (free as in freedom, not free as in free-beer) and mixed it with some of the positive aspects of free market capitalism. Basically, Lulu may end up being to the big publishing houses what Linux is to Microsoft – an alternative that doesn’t suck.

The founder of Red Hat Software, the company that makes Red Hat Linux, started Lulu. I know a few bloggers who drop by here every now and then who, if they’ve never heard of Lulu (not to be confused with Lola from The Kinks tune), should consider getting to know ... Lulu.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Damn- Now I need to write a book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home