Friday, October 15, 2004

Working Out and Lifting Weights

I am still a hairy fat ugly guy even though I run and lift weights. I’ve been working with a nice set of free weights now for about a month. I hear my wife’s voice (by the way my wife is a smokin hot babe – I feel bad for her) in my head all the time now that says, “Do you actually work out or are you just faking it?”

I am not faking it, but alas I remain a pudgy dweeb.

One thing I have noticed is a big improvement in my strength, but I still look like an easy mark – were it not for my ape-like appearance, I suspect my ass would be kicked on a fairly regular basis going from the school to my car. Fortunately, most people seem afraid of wild animals – fat, hairy, or otherwise – hence nature and evolution at least work well for me in this regard.

I took up weight lifting not so much to eliminate the problem of being a babe repellent, but instead as I crawl well into my late 30’s I need to regain fitness plus blow off steam from reading about 5 years olds getting stabbed to death by their dads. Maybe this is why Contracts seems like such a relief with Property being downright soothing.

My goal is to be extremely buff and good looking within the next 6 weeks. If I can’t pull that off, I’m going back to eating pie and watching C-SPAN all day.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, October 16, 2004 8:53:00 PM, Blogger habulous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, October 19, 2004 1:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard to stay on track, but I believe that a good work out program is essential to one's emotional and physical well being. It is too bad it takes so darn long to see results. Patience in this case will be of some comfort. I used to think that I could eat whatever I want as long as I maintained a vigorous work-out program. Unfortunately, I am finding out with age that my diet will also need to be watched in conjunction with the work out. DARN!! I do a lot of cardio, but I might be adding some weight training soon. Good luck!

Chips and sweets are my weakness...

Mainly, I just wanted to post something here.... :)

WRIII

 
At Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:42:00 PM, Blogger majqa said...

Thanks for the advice.

Working out certainly helps with respect to blowing off steam, but in terms of physical results - I sure don't see much of a change. HOWEVER - I definitely feel better, but that might be more from feeling as though I am taking some control over my body and hence my life.

I don't intend to give it up. It's become a part of my daily routine and pattern. Sometimes, I'll listen to my law CD's while working out and my mind ends up being so focused on the CD the I don't notice the pain I am in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home