Thursday, February 03, 2005

I Love The New iMac's



I stepped out for a breather to get away from the law books. It’s just not healthy to be so consumed by all things law, so I headed over to an Apple center to check out the Macintosh product lineup in a more in-depth way.

We still have an old Macintosh Quadra 650 that STILL boots up and works just as well, if not better, than much of my modern-era Windows XP crap of today. The remarkable thing about this old Macintosh is that can load Photoshop, Word, Netscape and VectorWorks (a CAD application) and they all run just fine – within 64mb of RAM. It seems even old-Apple is in some ways ahead of current-day Microsoft.

Playing with the new Mac’s re-invigorated my burning disgust with all things Microsoft. I spent an hour playing with and exploring the new iMac. Wow. Breathtaking. I could get a lot of work done on one of these machines plus feel like a creative artist while churning out legal briefs, soul wrenching outlines and other law related mind sucking materials.

I am DONE with all things Windows. My next machine is going to be a Macintosh. I’m not sure which one yet, but the wife just got a promotion and it turns out she is going to need to buy a computer. Because I have a 98 out of a 100 Geek Score, odds are I’ll be able to talk her into one of these new Mac’s, and given the level of virus outbreaks that take place in her office on a weekly basis… I don’t think I’ll have much trouble convincing her.

Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 04, 2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want the girl in the picture. I am hoping that this apple product begins a cross platform price war. Microsoft will be hurt by the need for cheaper operating systems and linix will gain momentum.
What the world needs is cheep laptops and girls like the one in the picture.

 
At Friday, February 04, 2005 5:10:00 PM, Blogger majqa said...

You like the girl in the picture? Yeah... so do I. Mmmmm is for MACINTOSH! Definitely one of the better looking iMac's, that's for sure.

I agree with you. I think Apple is getting much more competitive and the marketplace is going to become a lot more interesting now.

My wife got her promotion, so, after spending the next 30 years paying off our credit cards, I rekon we'll be able to get one of these little Mini Mac's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home