Monday, March 28, 2005

SuSE 9.3 Professional [Links to Review]

It really is a professional distribution, in fact, I'd go so far as to say it's the finest release I've had the pleasure of using in all my years in the community. Now, sure, I'm biased, I used to work for SuSE and they put out some real quality releases during my time there, but this is simply the best.

I'd been using the betas (I'm on the beta test programme), so I knew it was shaping up well, but let me give you some of the highlights: GNOME 2.10, KDE 3.4, OOo 2.0-pre, Beagle, Firefox.

Update April 6, 2005: Another review can be found HERE.


Linux is getting better and better...

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Does the cooker still come standard? What I miss most about Linix is knowing when my tea was done. Otherwise it is cold by the time i pry myself away from the computer.

 
At Thursday, April 07, 2005 3:01:00 PM, Blogger majqa said...

Not sure if tea time is still included or not with SuSE. That's an oldie but a goodie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home