Thursday, February 17, 2005

Firefox, Mozilla and The Free World vs Microsoft Internet Explorer

I was looking over the hit logs recently and noticed that the number of people engaging in what I often argue as an abnormally dangerous activity, using Microsoft Internet Explorer to browse the Internet, has dropped to roughly 55% of my blog visitors. Wahoo!

I'd like to see that trend continue and ideally have Internet Explorer drop to something close to zero, although that is probably unrealistic. I still (once in a blue moon) use Internet Explorer myself, even on Linux, as certain sites demand its usage and refuse to work with anything else.

Alternatives to Internet Explorer exist:

Mozilla and FireFox

Opera - an amazingly fast and capable web browser.

If you've never experienced "tabbed" browsing, you will wonder how you ever got around the Internet without it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home